tips for taking a selfie...
1. Make sure you have a clean mirror. It is gross to see dirty mirrors.
2. Make sure your dirty laundry isn't all over your room, and your bed is made.
3. Lighting is everything, and some of these selfies are crazy dark, or crazy yellow, so yellow that an IG filter will not save it.
4. Don't have the camera covering up half your face.
5. Most smart phones now have front cameras with a decent amount of pixels,
so you technically don't need your phone to be seen in the picture.
6. If you are going to be shirtless in a selfie, make sure you properly groomed.
7. If you are going to be publicly posting a selfie, don't be defensive if someone says that picture is crap.
They aren't criticizing you, they are criticizing the image.